Monday, May 11, 2009

Projects lately

Well, I can't get my scanner to work, so I can't show you a painting I did this week, so instead I thought I'd share with you some projects I've done recently.

A little branch thingumbob, I made it from branches and some baubles on ribbons leftover from wedding decorations. The base is a piece of styrofoam I painted black ( I recycled!) and the vase is also a leftover wedding decoration. The rocks and shells are things I picked up on our Pismo Beach honeymoon. This is really easy to make, I just picked up some branches and spray painted each side white. You need to get a good mix of thin and thicker branches. Then I stuck them in the styrofoam and tied the ribbons to them randomly. It's a little raw-looking, but I like it that way. Because there are elements from our wedding and honeymoon, it's kinda like a memory piece, I dont know what you would call something like that though...Before- a boring Target bookshelf with no life and no personality....blah!

After- a totally unique fun bookshelf! With wrapping paper from target, no less! I didn't realize that until a while afterwards, and I am pretty easily amused so, yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment