Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a nice trip up to Washington to visit Ezra's parents this weekend. I made my mother in law a yummy pound cake with caramel frosting. I have been in such a baking mood! I hardly ever bake anything, as Ezra isn't much of a dessert person. But I think while I have the eggs, I'm going to make some more. I pretty much hate eggs as a food, except when baked into something. I think might just make some scones this week...


My Cake

Anyway, back to mother's day-goodness!- It was nice, the men of the church in Renton made a wonderful lunch for the ladies, some amazing carne asada with amazing salsa, and a ton of fruit too! Still, I wish I could have seen my mom...she's all the way in Chicago. But she got to go to the arboretum there and have a picnic with my dad and sisters, so of course she had a nice mother's day even withou her oldest daughter. Sorry you couldn't have some cake mom! I know how you feel about cake... Well, I know I'm a day late, but I just want to say thank you mom for having me and being such a great mother and everything, I love you! And thanks, Marlene, for having Ezra and letting me marry him and being a great mother in law!


Robert's Family

The cards I made for my moms

No comments:

Post a Comment