i ordered some flexi rods on amazon, and they came today! those of you who know me know i have serious kinky curly hair. it's pretty unruly. now you might be htinking "so why do you need curlers??" well, to make every curl uniform, of course. i don't think it's cheating to use curlers on curly hair.
the first i heard of flexi rods was a youtube video i stumbled across by an african american woman. i couldn't get this out of my head and had to have these things at all costs. so i scored some. woot! the only thing is, i tried to look for a sign of white people using them, but found nothing on the internet. o well, i'll just be a pioneer!
i'm going to was my hair tonight and sleep in them. i cant wait to see what happens! it's either going to be a glorious success or a total failure. fingers crossed!
if you have curly hair, here is some advice i've gleaned from years having it:
- get rid of your brushes. brushy is not your friend, she's your frenemy. you need a comb in like every size available
- get rid of shampoo and just use conditioner.
- use a leave-in conditioner. i use the shea butter one. i recommend shopping for hair products in the ethnic hair care section of the store.
- do. not. touch. your. hair. when. it's. dry. ninja kick anyone that tries to!
- let your hair air dry.
- love your hair and it will love you back!